Since the start of the pandemic, sex toy sales have gone through the roof. Whether someone’s buying their first, their fourth or, for that matter, their fortieth toy, there’s no doubt that any taboo that might have existed is fast becoming a thing of the past. And quite right too.
While many business have been suffering during the pandemic, the rise in sex toy sales has been more than impressive. What was once taboo can mow be found even in advent calendars where a new surprise appears every day. Yay!
Let’s take a look at some of the reasons for this rise in sales.
Technology advances have touched all aspects of our lives, and that includes the sex toy market. These days there’s a truly vast array of choices for use with a partner or for going solo. This increased popularity is matched by the number of retailers who specialise in sex toys. For example, if you visit the Sinful website, you will be the diverse range of options available to consumers. A quick glimpse at this site shows you how far the industry has changed, especially in recent years.
Included among this increasing number of sex toy options are more affordable choices. It is possible to invest in a toy or two without having to break the bank. The affordable options available are ideal for those who have never dipped into the world of sex toys. You can invest in one or two of the more affordable choices to find what works for them what doesn’t. This means that the customer does not feel as though they have wasted a lot of money on something that they do not like or does not work for them.
Then, once you found what you like, you can start to look at accessories that come with a higher price tag.
No more taboo
The conversation around sexual pleasure, especially for women has notoriously been a taboo subject. However, social media is a powerful tool. It has seen industries, such as beauty and skincare transform tremendously in such as short space of time. Social media influencers have a unique power to help promote the success of a product. Many of the products they promote often sell out and are high in demand by consumers wanting to try.
Influencers are also helping to lift the taboo around sexual pleasure and using sex toys. They do so by either posting about the ones they use or talking about recent launches from brands. The open discussion they are having with their audience is helping to lift the taboo, helping people to feel comfortable talking about sexual pleasure and using sex toys.
Why we love sex toys
The reasons for the rise in sex toy sales are many. However, many are curious to know why so many people love using them. What is it about sex toys, aside from the options, accessibility or affordability, that has seen them have a boost in sales? Every person has their reason for wanting to use them and why they love using them. These are just a few of the most common reasons shared by many sex toy enthusiasts.
- Helps Improve Sleep Quality – Having a good night’s sleepis crucial for our well-being. It affects how we are in the day, including the way we feel and how productive we are. Sleeping also lowers anxiety and stress levels, as well as helps to strengthen our immune system. Both masturbation and sex can help those suffering at night with either restlessness or insomnia. They help people to feel relaxed and calm, even reducing their stress levels. Using a sex toy can be a helpful tool to enable you to drift off and have a good night’s sleep.
- Boosts Body Confidence – It is essential to learn about your body. Both the inside and out as can help you to gain an appreciation for it. Those who masturbate regularly are more likely to feel positive about their body and the way they look. Using sex toys help people to experiment with various pleasure points, sensations and stimulations. It provides them with insight into what it is they like and what makes them feel good. Those who use a sex toy on their own can communicate what they enjoy to their partner. It helps them to achieve greater satisfaction in the bedroom.
- Leads To More Satisfaction – Those who have and do use sex toys have noted the impact it has had on their sex life. It has helped them to feel more satisfied in all areas of sexual pleasure. Using them helps people to identify what they enjoy and what works for them. What they learn helps them whether they are being intimate with a partner or when they are solo.
- Help With Sexual Dysfunction – For those that suffer from sexual dysfunction, using a sex toy could prove to be helpful. It can provide a helping hand for those experiencing common sexual issues. There are some toys available on the market designed to specifically for helping people overcome any issues. For instance, there are ones to help women who struggle with having an orgasm. When people learn how to make themselves climax using a toy, they can share that knowledge with a partner. It also provides them with the confidence to reach climax as their mind will be at ease.
- Improves Mental Health – One of the most commonly experienced mental issues is stress. It impacts how we feel and our productivity. With the pressures of daily life increasing, it puts individuals under pressure to succeed. In turn, it causes people to feel stressed. An excellent way to help relieve stress is using a sex toy. Aside from relieving how stressed you are feeling it can also improve your mental health. Some users find using their beloved toy has helped them with their anxiety and depression.
The bottom line
The buzzing success of sex toys is showing no signs of slowing down. Now more than ever, there is a demand. In fact, in the space of a year, there was an increase in sex toy sales of 134%. Part of the reason was due to lockdown and the pandemic. Almost two years since the start of the pandemic, the love of sex toys is still high, welcoming new fans almost daily.
If you are new to the world of sex toys, take time to research what options are available to you. Read the reviews and see if there is anything that catches your eye. You may find a toy that works for you. Additionally, you might also find a toy for your partner. You could see a noticeable improvement in your satisfaction levels.