National treasure Susan Calman, who stole Britain’s hearts on Strictly, teams up with Kirstie and Phil
Let’s be honest, there are sexier subjects than energy bills, but when you realise that Brits could save shed loads of money by upgrading to a smart meter, you might think it’s worth paying attention.
Following her hugely successful stint on the Strictly Come Dancing tour, Susan Calman has teamed up with property TV stars Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer on Smart Energy GB’s UK wide campaign to encourage households to install a smart meter; not only saving themselves money, but creating a cleaner, greener, smarter future that could also save the UK nearly £560 million a year.
A smart meter could help households save enough energy each year to power their home for a week – the equivalent of watching your favourite property or dancing show on the telly non-stop for 147 days.
Households can ask for a smart meter to be fitted by their energy supplier for free.
The 10 date UK tour will visit the following locations on the dates below:
- Friday 15 June: London – Westfield Stratford
- Monday 18 June: Glasgow – Braehead
- Thursday 21 June: Nottingham – Victoria Centre
- Monday 25 June: Birmingham – Merryhill
- Friday 29 June: Manchester – Trafford Centre
- Weds 11 July: Newcastle – Eldon Square
- Friday 13 July: Cardiff – Queens Arcade
- Saturday 14 July: Bristol – Cabot Circus
- Friday 20 July Leeds – The White Rose
- Thursday 26 July: Norwich – Castle Mall
Sadly, Susan has no intention of returning to the dance floor, telling us “if I can’t dance with Kevin, I’m not going to dance with anyone else.”