Linda Riley, founder of OutNews Global, nominated for Gary Frisch Gay Times Honour Award
On the 18 November, the Gay Times will present the Gary Frisch Gay Times Honour Award (Success in Entrepreneurship). The award aims to recognise organisations and individuals who have had a significant impact over the last 50 years on what it means to live openly and freely as LGBT people in Britain today.
Gary Frisch was one such entrepreneur. In response to a friend’s struggle to find a partner, Frisch founded Gaydar, a website which went on to connect 3.5 million users in 23 countries. Frisch was a pioneer in enabling a new generation of LGBT people to connect, setting a precedent for many of the apps available today.
We are delighted to reveal that Linda Riley, owner of Out News Global, has been nominated for the award. In response to the news, Linda said:
“I am delighted to be included on the Gay Times Honours List. Congratulations to all those shortlisted who are doing tremendous work.”
Other nominees include:
- Waheed Ali (Politician and businessman)
- Robyn Exton (Founder of HER, the lesbian dating app)
- Antonia Belcher (Founding Partner of MHBC, an independent building consultancy)
- Suki Sandhu (Founder and CEO of OUTStanding, a professional network for LGBT+ executives and future leaders)
- Anthony Watson (CEO of Uphold, an online platform for moving and holding money and commodities)
- Mary Portas (Retail consultant and broadcaster)
The event will take place at the National Portrait Gallery, an establishment with a long history of providing a platform to LGBT voices. Jinkx Monsoon and Freida Slaves will co-host the event.