Sales Development Representative, Hong Kong.
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
We have offices in more than 35 cities, including London, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing, Manila, Sofia, San Francisco and Tokyo. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
Learn more about the FT, including announcements and career opportunities, at aboutus.ft.com.
The B2B division of the Financial Times licenses FT content to organisations around the world, with clients across corporate, finance, government, professional services, education and media sectors.
The Sales Development Executive will be responsible for pre-qualifying leads and prospects for the field sales team to close into new business revenue. The role will support the field sales team through a number of activities which include: pre-qualification of leads/opportunities; identifying potential budget holders; proactive prospecting for new contacts, booking appointments with prospects; and gathering testimonials/evidence for proposals.
The role reports into the regional sales team with a dotted line to regional marketing to ensure alignment around campaign activity. This role requires the applicant to actively prospect for new contacts. The candidate will need to possess a very professional telephone manner and the confidence in speaking to senior executives at organisations across a range of industry sectors.
In this role you will:
What you will be responsible for
- Prospect and build a sales pipeline for the field sales team via outbound calling and email communication
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up
- Research and contact potential budget holders/decision-makers
- Pre-qualify leads and book appointments/call backs for the field sales team
- Assign qualified leads/opportunities to the field sales team for further development and closing
- Follow up with each field sales manager to gather feedback and agree next steps
- Act as a bridge between marketing and sales. Work closely with the marketing team on campaign activity to generate leads and improve the quality of leads
- Record conversations with prospects on the CRM system for reporting purposes
Experience/skills you need to be successful in this role
- Experience in lead nurturing, lead generation and appointment setting
- Strong communication skills, particularly on the phone, and cultural awareness
- Fluency in English.
- Proactivity and readiness to cold call
- Good internet research skills
- Highly motivated and target driven
- Organised and ability to prioritise busy workload in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work accurately, with strong attention to detail
- Display initiative in undertaking all aspects of the role
- Good team player with a willingness to collaborate
What’s in it for you? FT Benefits
- A competitive salary and bonus/commission scheme
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- 20 days Annual Leave, Life Insurance and Medical Coverage
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.